Season 2 of Miami Vice featured 91 songs during the course of its 22 episodes, although "Bass and Trouble" by Sly and Robbie appears twice, reducing the count of unique tracks to 90 (still the most of any season of the show). As with season 1, the majority of the music is light pop, although a greater number of darker, sombre tracks are used where appropriate.
- Season 2 was the first to feature songs written exclusively for the show, namely Glenn Frey's "You Belong To The City", Cleavant Derricks' "Love Is For Sale", Chaka Khan's "Own The Night", Karla Bonoff's "Cold Wind Blows", Phil Collins' "Life is a Rat Race", Eugene Smith's "Rock by Day Roll by Night" and Jim Gilstrap's "The Water's Too Deep". Season 2 featured by far the most original music of any season of the series.
- Six of the tracks were performed live by the artists themselves, the most of any Vice season.
- Most songs used in an episode (two-hour): 14 - "The Prodigal Son"
- Most songs used in an episode (one-hour): 8 - "Back in the World"
- Least songs used in an episode: 1 - "French Twist"
- Most songs by the same artist: 8 - The Doors, all in "Back in the World"